[thequality-update] VJ POLL / RADIO SILENCE / MODS / STUDIO

Michela Ledwidge michela at thequality.com
Thu Sep 15 03:08:31 BST 2005

VOTE FOR MICHELA IN VJ POLL

Please take a moment to support me in DJ Mag’s poll of the world’s top
audio-visual artists. All you have to do is email HYPERLINK
"mailto:vjscan at djmag.com"vjscan at djmag.com  with FIVE names (there must be
five).

Here is a shortlist of biased recommendations. Support your local VJs! And
apologies for any duplicate postings.

.M.                           HYPERLINK
"http://thequality.com/people/michela/vj"http://thequality.com/people/michel
a/vj

Punkvert VJs              HYPERLINK
"http://www.punkvert.tv/"http://www.punkvert.tv

Addictive TV              HYPERLINK
"http://www.addictive.com/"http://www.addictive.com

Coldcut                     HYPERLINK
"http://www.ninjatune.net/coldcut"http://www.ninjatune.net/coldcut

VJ Anyone                 HYPERLINK
"http://www.anyone.org.uk/"http://www.anyone.org.uk

More information at DJ MAG.

HYPERLINK
"http://www.djmag.com/djtech009.php"http://www.djmag.com/djtech009.php

RADIO SILENCE

Behind the radio silence, this has been a pretty huge year for
thequality.com through ongoing investment in the start-up company MOD Films.
The scale of this gig has left precious little time for consultancy work,
let alone mail-outs, with many of the original aims for thequality.com now
being passed to MOD Films in terms of growing a business, now with the
support of NESTA and Lost in Space as stakeholders and various sponsors.

HYPERLINK "http://modfilms.com/"http://modfilms.com

Going forward, this list will focus on my work as an individual,

HYPERLINK
"http://lists.thequality.com/mm/listinfo/thequality-update"http://lists.theq
uality.com/mm/listinfo/thequality-update

while subscribers to this list will receive updates with a more commercial
focus,

HYPERLINK
"http://lists.modfilms.com/mm/listinfo/modfilms-announce"http://lists.modfil
ms.com/mm/listinfo/modfilms-announce

the Massive blog will continue to diarize developments related to digital
story-telling in general,

HYPERLINK
"http://thequality.com/massive/weblog"http://thequality.com/massive/weblog

while the venerable theforeignoffice list remains an arts/culture events
list available for the use of people in our network

HYPERLINK
"http://lists.thequality.com/mm/listinfo/theforeignoffice"http://lists.thequ
ality.com/mm/listinfo/theforeignoffice

MODS

Through MOD Films, SANCTUARY the ‘re-mixable film’ pilot for my
long-standing feature film project (working title Ten Weeks in the Head Bin)
was shot in Sydney mid-year. The controversy we encountered this year has
only strengthened my resolve to keep muddying the waters and stay committed
to making cinematic stories in a more ecologically sustainable way. It is a
real privilege to be able to do this ahead of established markets and I am
grateful for all your support.

SANCTUARY has so far received press in six countries and, despite
considerable opposition from film industry gate-keepers, we got our
experimental 35mm film shoot in the can, following the original plan. After
much overt and tacit help from around the globe we managed to negotiate the
political minefield to negotiate world-first contractual agreements with our
professional actors.  The resulting body of work, including actor
likenesses, will be malleable like no other.

HYPERLINK
"http://modfilms.com/archives/20050607_press_coverage.html"http://modfilms.c
om/archives/20050607_press_coverage.html

Post production is now underway and we are looking for volunteers and
sponsorship to complete and release the film as quickly as possible. If you
are in a position to contribute time and resources of any shape, currency or
description, we would love to hear from you.

STUDIO

Finally, I am looking for new flatmates to share the marvellous space I call
home in Marylebone, London. Ideally this would be an artistic couple who
would benefit from sharing, not just living space, but also a rather unique
home studio set-up which has played host to a melting pot of projects and
people across film, music, fine arts and new media over the last few years.

HYPERLINK
"http://thequality.com/people/michela/weblog/archives/002230.html#002230"htt
p://thequality.com/people/michela/weblog/archives/002230.html#002230